New CARDFIGHT!! VANGUARD overDress Animation
Character Design Drafts: CLAMP x Anime Production: Kinema citrus
Original Work: Bushiroad/Akira Ito
Executive Producer: Takaaki Kidani
Character Design Draft: CLAMP
Character Design: Hiroyuki Saita
Anime Production：Kinema citrus
Dates to look out for!
April 2nd, 4.30PM PDT – Official broadcast of Episode 1
Click here for more details on the upcoming animation!
CARDFIGHT!! VANGUARD overDress: the new era on Planet Cray has begun.
Vanguard welcomes its 10th Anniversary in 2021 with an anticipated grand revolution of the next decade!
Over the 3000 years that have passed on Planet Cray…
Prayers of the Maidens awaken the “Chakrabarthi Divine Dragon” from within the egg, and “Chakrabarthi” begins.
• The Divinity “Gyze” is destroyed, and the Divinity “Messiah” slumbers.
• An era without prayers, the “Deity-less Era” begins.
• Planet Cray loses the protection of divinities, and falls into ruin.
• New nation Brandt Gate prepares for the return of “Void”.
• New nation Keter Sanctuary controls a floating island of the skies.
• Zoo and Magallanica build Stoicheia upon the teachings of the sages.
• A hero ends a civil war and establishes the Dark States.
• A legendary dragon egg lays dormant within the unchanging nation, Dragon Empire.
3000 years later, Planet Cray has come to this
Planet Cray is the same but after 3000 years the world has entered the Chakrabarthi Divine Era. In this era, clans have disappeared and given way to Nations instead!
• What was once known as United Sanctuary is the youngest nation of Planet Cray
• This nation was once a holy kingdom of heroes that prized justice and order, but its territory has shrunk from civil wars and calamities.
• Separated into the controlling faction that looks down from the floating island, and the people below that gaze up at the island.
• The only nation whose name remains even after 3000 years.
• While the nation’s borders are in constant flux, it remains safe and affluent due to its great military power based on destructive weapons that meld magic and science.
• A dragon egg of legends lays dormant at the “Red Dawn Manor” within the sacred temple at the center of Dragon Empire.
• The nation known as Star Gate prospered from being the Star Gate of Planet Cray to visitors from other dimensions. It maintains its advanced culture and national power in the new era through its high level of technological development.
• To prepare for the return of “Void”, the citizens of Brandt Gate defend themselves from invaders with the power of science, and continue fighting at the borders of the world.
• The nation formally known as Dark Zone is a magical nation dominated by the dark forces.
• The small kingdom dominated by the demon kings was once fractured, but it was reunited by the efforts of a single hero and Gear Chronicle.
• With the “laws” of Gear Chronicle and the relationship with Dragon Empire, Dark States entered a period of prosperity.
• The nation with the longest history on Planet Cray “Zoo”, and “Magallanica” where the aquatic creatures and undead army gather, became one nation based on the teachings of the great sage Stoicheia.
• As foreseen by Stoicheia, the former Zoo is a land where the world’s best minds gather within the verdant riches of nature represented by the sacred tree. Stoicheia’s national power has been on a sharp rise of late, due to its abundance of resources and the unity of its people.
Major Changes to the Trading Card Game (TCG)!
In overDress products, the ‘Clan’ notation on the card will be replaced with the ‘Nation’ name instead.
There will also be a “D Icon” on the bottom left indicating that it is an overDress card.
For the new Standard format, each deck can only built with cards from the same nation and with the “D Icon”. I.e. Choose one nation from the cards with D icons to make a deck.
Regarding support for nation-based decks
For clan-based decks so far…
Direction for Vanguard has been “to support all 24 clans at least once a year”
→ Leads to long periods between each time a clan gets support
→ Few chances to enjoy upgrading your deck
For nation-based decks from here on…
All five Great Nations can be included in a single booster, so each booster will support all the nations!
→ More chances to enjoy upgrading the decks you have!
New Card Types!
Card rarities get a revamp! In addition, there will be new card rarities introduced in future overDress products, such as “H” (holo), which are foil versions of some R and C cards, and “DSR” (Dress Secret Rare) rarity, a rare and ultra-valuable card that every booster will have!
New Tournament Formats!
With the new launch of Cardfight!! Vanguard overDress, there will be changes to the tournament format (applicable after May 14th, 2021). Tournaments for all 3 formats stated will continue to be supported at all levels of competition.
Guaranteed ride to your favorite unit!
Note: This only applies to the new Standard format, and not for V Premium or Premium.
Q&A regarding the “Ride Deck”
Q: Is the Ride Deck also allowed in V Premium and Premium?
A: No. The Ride Deck is only allowed in Standard format.
Q: Do we use separate sleeves for the main deck and ride deck? Or do we use the same sleeves?
A: The sleeves for the main deck and the ride deck must be different. There is no issue even if the sleeves are different within the ride deck.
Q: For cards that are placed within the Ride Deck, what happens if they have to be placed in other areas?
A: If you have to place it in the main deck, said card will be placed back to the Ride Deck instead. For other zones, the cards will be placed in the zone indicated.
Q: Does the number of cards in the Ride Deck count towards the total deck count?
A: Yes it does. The total number of cards in the Main Deck and the Ride deck must be 50.
Q: Must the copies of the same card in the main deck and the ride deck be up to 4?
A: Yes, There must only be up to 4 copies of the same card in total. If one copy is placed in the ride deck, you’ll be able to put up to 3 copies in the main deck.
Q: Can I put only Grade 2 cards in my Ride deck?
A: No you cannot. You must have 1 copy each of Grade 0, 1, 2 and 3 units.
The Over Trigger
Introducing the new strongest trigger card, the Over Trigger! There will be Over Triggers for each nation, and only one copy of this type of card can be included in a deck.
Q&A regarding the “Over Trigger”
Q: What does it mean by “remove this card” in the Over Trigger card text?
A: After it is triggered, this card will be removed from the fight, and it will be in the state where it cannot be used again for that fight.
Q: Even if I gain 100 Million Power due to Over Trigger, can sentinels guard against it?
A: Yes, they can. Regardless of how high the attacking unit’s power is, as long as the ability of a sentinel is used during guard step, the attack will not hit.
Q: If it’s called to the Guardian Circle, does it get removed?
A: No, it doesn’t. It only gets removed when it is revealed for a trigger check.
Q: When revealed for damage check, if I have less damage than my opponent, will the Over Trigger be removed from the fight?
A: Yes, it will. It will be removed from the fight regardless of players’ current damage.
Q: When receiving two damage, the first trigger check reveals an Over Trigger. Is the remaining 1 damage nullified as well?
A: No, it isn’t. Once the trigger effect of the Over Trigger is resolved, the damage check for the remaining 1 damage will occur.
New Persona Ride ability
Q&A regarding the “Persona Ride”
Q: During the turn where I rode a grade 3 unit on a grade 2 unit, can I continue to use Persona Ride?
A: No, you cannot. You can only ride once a turn. You’ll be able to use Persona Ride in the next turn.
Q: After using Persona Ride, I called a rear-guard to the front row. Does this rear-guard get Power +10000?
A: Yes, it does.
Q: On the turn after I rode a grade 3 unit directly from hand, can I ride a grade 3 from my Ride Deck and perform a Persona Ride?
A: No, you cannot. You can only ride one grade above your current vanguard when riding from the Ride Deck, therefore, you are unable to use Persona Ride.
New overDress ability
Q&A regarding “overDress”
Q: If I do not perform overDress for “Vairina”, am I unable to call it?
A: No, you can still call “Vairina”. In this case, you can choose to perform a normal call from hand, or to perform a superior call.
Q: My vanguard is grade 1, but can I perform overDress on my rear-guard “Trickstar” and place “Vairina” on top?
A: No, you cannot. For overDress, similar to a normal call, it needs to be the same grade or lower than your vanguard.
Q: Is the originalDress card “Trickstar” kept in soul?
A: No, it is not. You cannot use originalDress cards as cost for Soul-Blast.
Q: What happens when “Vairina” retires from overDress?
A: In the event that “Vairina” retires, it goes to the drop zone together with the originalDress “Trickstar”. This does not mean the originalDress “Trickstar” is retired, however. (It is the same for when moving to other areas, like hand, damage zone, bind zone, soul, etc)
Q: When “Vairina” is Superior called, can you overDress on top of “Trickstar” that is on a rear-guard circle?
A: No, you cannot. For overDress, you will place it on top of the specified unit instead of performing a normal call.
Q: Can “Vairina” in overDress mode intercept? What is the Shield value like in that case?
A: Yes, it can intercept. It shifts to the guardian circle together with the originalDress, and the shield value is 5000.
New “Set Order”
A new type of order card. Place this card in the order zone when played, and you can continuously manifest its ability!
• Prison (“Galaxy Central Prison, Galactolus”)
• World (Dark Night and Abyssal Dark Night)
New Alchemagic mechanic
In the new series, Alchemagic happens when two order cards become one!
Q&A regarding “Alchemagic”
Q: If you used “Alchemagic”, will it be regarded as playing an order card twice?
A: No, it will not. An order card can only be played once. The cost and effect of the order card bound is added.
Q: When using “Alchemagic”, how should the process of binding an order card, paying the cost for two order cards, and the two effects be resolved?
A: Please follow the steps shown below.
1) Specify that you’re playing a normal order from hand.
2) At that moment, bind a normal order from your drop.
3) Pay the costs for both the normal order played from hand and the normal order bound.
4) Resolve the effects of the normal order played from hand, then the normal order bound.
Start your new journey right on Planet Cray with these new products! The below SDs (Start Decks) come pre-constructed, and will be retailed at an affordable price of only MSRP USD$3.99 each! Available from May 14th, 2021!
Get your decks from a friendly retailer near you now, check out our shop listing here!
Click onto the respective images below to find out more about each product!
Further power up your deck with our first booster pack too! Each booster pack release will now feature support for all 5 main nations, which means there will be something for everyone, regardless of which nation you support! Available from May 21st, 2021! Get your cards from a friendly retailer near you now, check out our shop listing here!
Look forward to our future new releases!
※Subject to change.